Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cipher Notes

[[Comic]]

If you clicked this link, then I am very happy that you care enough to check out the notes.

So, now that I have a blog devoted to this, I can spend a little more time talking about the notes. I may also update this whenever somebody has a question about the comic.

NOTES!

If you compare this to the original comic, you can see several differences. Some of them are aesthetic, others are artistic. But the most glaring difference, in my opinion, is the story told and the methods used to tell this story. In the original, you get to see the conflict between Zips and Krem; while this is good, I feel like it didn't correctly gauge the power levels - let alone the powers - of the two characters, let alone properly establish who Zips really was. I also make the villainous monologue much better and shorter. It also goes straight into the action, and I avoid duplicate world building (namely the Scrubber Effect and Paradox Orbs). There's also a ton of foreshadowing, something that wasn't really present in the first comic.

Anything else? ...Oh yes, I didn't mention the Apocalypse Orb like I did in the original. I suppose that makes it feel like Krem's a little less powerful, but at the same time, I feel like it wasn't really that big of a detail, since Krem couldn't do it more than once, as he only had one Apocalypse Orb. If and when the Apocalypse Orb becomes important again, I'll be sure to reveal it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment